• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 HIDs

Hi i just got H4 HIDs for my pre facelift and they are not working. the supplyer off ebay said i may need a decoder! how did you fit yours? did you just plug and play or did you link the with a seperate wire to the battery

Have you got a link to the kit or the instructions?

If you've got to run a line to the battery, it sounds like you haven't bought one of the easy plug and play kits.

The kits I've seen and fitted have a ballast with two spade connectors that go to the OEM bulb holder, then at the other end of the ballast is a water-proof connector that clips to the connector on the pre-wired HID bulb.

Much like this:
hid_conv_kits_large.jpg

It sounds like you've bought a kit like this?

hid-install-diagram.jpg

However it should all just connect up and not need a decoder. I've no idea what a decoder would do with regards to the lights. :confused:

i connected it all up and there is nothing left. the kit i have i just like the first pic.....confuesd.com

Back