• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 hunting

Morning people,

I have had the timing chain, guides and hydraulic tensioner replaced on my 02 ep3, the chain stretched and it jumped a couple of teeth! The car sat for a couple of weeks while this was being done, long story short I was trying to source a cheaper alternative to having all genuine parts as didn't have the money for it. (I managed to get guides and tensioner elsewhere and went for original honda chain) anyway my brother put it all back together yesterday and got it going however he said it is now hunting on idle, he seems to think it may be the idle control valve where it sat for a while? Just wondered if anyone has had the same/similar issue at all or has any recommendations on it?
Thanks
Matt

Cheers for that, yeah the timing seems spot on so we'll give that a go see if it cures it. Let you know how we get on. Thanks again.

I have had this problem before the idle valve in the throttle body sticks and causes the hunting you can strip the throttle body if you're careful and free the idle valve off but might be easier to just replace

Just thought I'd let you all know that my car is now totally sorted, my bro and dad cleaned up the idle control valve whilst I was away on holiday and its back to normal again now! Thanks people

Back