• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 improving I.C.E

Hi, Just bought an EP3 type R and Cant find any faults with the car what so ever, however the stereo sound is not great. i know there is previous threads on this but non really give a clear outcome.

Ive basically put in a Alpine headunit which is great but now need to improve the door speakers so just need know what are the best speakers to upgrade and whats sizes i can use front and rear with whatever adapters

Thanks

well ive got a sub and amp for the boot just want to upgrade the front and rear speakers.

Ive heard focal speaers are the best, any idea what ones fit and whats the biggest ones that fit?

Ive got a set of Alpine Type E 130mm speakers but not sure if these are going to be man enough?

You could use adaptors couldn't you? Not really too sure bud.

But if you want a better system, run amplifier for your speakers as well as with your 6x9's if you have.

Yeah thats not a bad shout, what amp would i need for the speakers?

i know there 130mm standard i just dont want to go buy some bigger speakers and they dont fit if you know what i mean.

What would be your setup for better sound in ep3?lol

I'm running 2 amplifiers.

Kicker L7 with Hifonics Brutus mono amp.

My speakers and 6x9 with Hifonics Zeus.

Ive got a kenwood double din and alpine type r sub and alpine mono amp and infinity 6x9s powerd with an alpine amp. infinity speakers are made by harman who do all the bmw systems well use to so there decent. personally ive allways been a fan of alpine cant go wrong with it.

I want new front door speakers and get rid of the sub and mono amp.

My old ep3 build

okay after driving about 250 miles round trip, I am now home with an excellent ICE upgrade from Dalco. I must say Dalco's service is second to none. Well worth the cash.

I actually made an initital inquiry back in Feb 09 and acted upon Dalco's quote this December. So why Dalco? Well he knows what he is talking about - I had loads of questions re my install( this was even before I committed to buy) and Dalco was patient in answering all my questions. But his reputation on the forum is second to none - this was confirmed when I exchanged about 15-16 PMs over the last week alone discussing the final details of install. Dalco was patient with me and essentially gave me a bespoke service in terms of install that is right for me and ultimately budget.

Essentially what I wanted was a stealth like install where the car would look like it was still from factory. In terms of sound, I wanted a system with clarity and with good level of bass to complete the sound spectrum.

My budget was around 500 initially but this has gone up by about 50% due to install of Focal 25 Underseat sub (which by the way is well worth the additional costs). Did consider using my stealth box but wanted full use of boot and as I said - total stealth like install. Amp and sub under driver and passenger seat respectively.

Summary of install below.

Alpine Type G 6.5 Front Components
http://www.talkaudio.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=625&Itemid=54