• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Ep3 induction

For a start these are on ebay at the moment for £30 including delivery.

Wont give you any performance gains at all, that pipe will heat up fairly quickly, meaning you will be drawing in warmer air.

Car may feel faster due to the aggressive noise it will produce on vtec cross over. (good ol' placebo effect)

If you are wanting purely for sound until you can afford something better like me then go for it.
But it will suffer from heat soak.

I have one on just for a bit of fun and noise, I shall be buying a tegiwa/gruppe M carbon intake shortly ready for remap.
Really simple to fit in less than 30 mins though

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just do the hondata mod if I where you . these cars generate a lot of heat you want to avoid as much tranferal as possible !

I've not long done the Hondata mod.

First of all, I did not notice any difference to performance or induction sound what's so ever. Perhaps in the autumn/ winter months when the air is colder and denser, there may be some sort of benefit. It's free, so I suppose it was worth doing.

Some advise would be to have a grinder with a cutting disc on it handy. The plastic in there is as hard as a whore's heart ! It's doable in an hour with a grinder. Tin snips wouldn't even look at it. I didn't even bother with a hacksaw. It's tight enough when using the grinder.

The thick piece of plastic that shrouds the filter from the rest of the box splits into 2 pieces if you cut down too far. I found that it left a split in the plastic that could draw in minimal air from the under side of the box. I had a blow torch handy, so I heated up the 2 sides of the plastic and used the end of a metal file to seal the split using the melted plastic. Maybe a little over kill, but I thought it better to do the job right. its not hard to do this mod, it's just messy and time consuming if you don't have the correct gear. Just make sure you get ALL of the plastic flakes out of the box before starting the car !

As as for the air intake from the front grille. I was going to replace with a silicone hose, but I decided just to cut the front out of the factory intake ( it draws air from the side facing the battery ). It keeps everything looking factory and for all the difference a piece of silicone hose would really make anyway.

Hope this helps someone !

I ended up going through all 3 of the usual mods. Started with the Hondata mod. What a job that was without the right tools! Did make a difference, albeit slight. Then had a Typhoon for lols, loved the sound but took away power more than anything. Finally sorted out a Tegiwa carbon intake and that's hands down the best. Performance and aural experience second to none.

I got one of these... for the money cant fault them... fit and finish is great and they sound lovely... bargain !!

bhp loss in traffic where you don't need it. once your shifting plenty of air movement

Tbh I never really noticed it in my old type-r or my 3.2 gsi vec I have with open cone, did used to notice it in my old 2.5 gsi and clio 1.8 16v *** mind you wasn't much room under the bonnet :)

Back