• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 iPad install

Hey guys just been messing around fitting I pad into my chariot. I have made a mould of the panel so it can be copied/ trimmed or painted. Just really wanted your thoughts on it. I have moved the heater controls etc to behind the I pad. System is totally driven via iPad gives you digital radio/ you tube / nav blah blah. Ooo and quick link to you tube link
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKIZE4Pfick
civic i pad.jpgcivic 2.jpgipad 3.jpg

Cheers Stu

Looks really good, I like it!

Does the iPad clip in so it doesn't fall out?

I pad is a tight push fit which locates in a 90 degree connection. The "magic" box takes digital audio out of I pad. Yes I did say digital. Then drives in a DSP (audison bit one) then into the amps. It's built so if u push one corner it tilts out enough to remove

Eh... I guess I could. To be honest I built it for my own amusement I was bored one day. There are a few changes I would make to next one, going to motorise the I pad to release access to heater controls. I have another really cool thing due soon.

What would be mega cool would be if you could somehow digitise the heater controls and use the iPad to control them instead.

It's decent enough as it is, massive say nav FTW.

Iv never really seen the point in the iPad, but this his changed my mind! I think you are on to something here. Another step towards a single piece of tech that does everything for you. How hard would this be to do with your smart phone?

The cost roughly to make the panel is around £150 with panel being supplied by customer for the transformation. Then you have to choose trimming material which can vary from about £25 to £ 100 to be painted same colour as car. As for smart phone, its really the same principle so yes no problem.

I can also track cars location remotely from the i pad. Soo if it were to go missing i can LIVE track it anywhere in the world. I can actually start the car from anywhere in the world via phone or the 3G portion of the I pad. There are so many applications for this sort of thing now. I have a guy from poland wanting i pad into his DC5. So will keep you updated.

Thanks once again for your comments troops..

Stu

I need to find a picture I took a while back, I moulded his I phone into the A Pillar of his Ep3 so he could use it as his nav. Phone worked on same principle as it docked with internal bracket and the audio for nav came through a stand alone speaker.

Back