• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 lights flickering in time to engine revs?

Mentioned briefly in my other thread, the headlights seem to flicker to the beat of the engine. Could that be alternator or belt related? Earthing issue maybe? Thanks in advance guys. Im new to EP3's so still learning common faults!

I would take it to a garage and get them to check the alternator and battery first. they should do it for free mate.

My hids do it a little but it isnt noticable inless am sitting close to back of a car. but there coming out anyway.

Mine don't pulse or flicker. could well be the battery is close to dying or alternator fooked!

Can it not sometimes be because your lights are usually 55w but my hids are 35w ?

If anything it should benefit you as the 55w one's will draw more power thus drainig the battery/alternator more than using the lower voltage from the HID's i would have thought.

The plot thickens: when driving at night, ie: when the lights are on, the car is very kangarooy. Doesn't do it during day when lights are off, but soon as lights are on, the lights flicker and car kangaroos a lot...

Back