• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 misfire

Hi all just got a ep3 type r but have noticed that sometimes it has a very slight miss at between 2 and 3 k revs then clears any ideas what it is as couple a had went and looked at before a got the one a have now were the same any help thanks

Not 100% sure but if I remember correctly, a faulty throttle position sensor can cause some "slight" hesitation at low revs.

I believe that there is some adjustment that can be made to it but it may just need replacing (if it is that!). Do a search, it appears to be quite common, in fact mine does it too, but not enough to bother me that much at the moment.

Aye that could do it. Expensive stab though if it turns out not to be the cause.

If you can borrow another known working one to test it out first all the better.

Back