• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 modifications - which route to take?

Hi all,

There are two routes which I could go down modification wise.
Just want your opinions and advice please.

Current mods.

Sportex b-pipe
Hondata mod airbox with ITG drop in
Energy suspension engine mount inserts
(Also various aesthetic mods - irrelevant to this thread)

Option 1:

K100
4-2-1 Header
Cat back (Tegiwa - Fujitsubo - Mugen)
Replaceable B-pipe with Tegiwa 400 cell cat for MOT
Tegiwa M intake
RBC
ABP springs etc with FRSU
JDM rear ARB
DS2500 pads, braided lines
Baffled sump

Option 2:

Hondata Reflash
Cat back (Tegiwa - Fujitsubo - Mugen)
Tegiwa M intake
JDM rear ARB
DS2500 pads, braided lines, grooved discs
Baffled sump
LSD
Full polybush kit

Assuming decent fluids & tyres on both options.

If your going to track it between 3-8 times a year then deffo option 2 as an LSD is fantastic on track , I could not live without mine now.
Drove a standard EP3 without LSD around a track and really struggled to get power down out of corner. LSD is a worthwhile investment I rekon.

yeah option 2. dont think you'd need a full polybush kit, just the fronts is enough as ive been told the rears dont make much difference

The LSD does help sway towards that option to be honest.

I have read many a thread on the Hondata reflash, but has anyone had a rolling road readout with the reflash?

Not sure on how much power difference their will be between that and K100.

I have seen that some people have gone from reflash to the k100 with the extra power mods and said the difference felt massive.

I cant see it being that much but The LSD and polybush kit should outweigh the power gains?

yes definatly, being more stable and taking corners at speed is more use on track.

yeah option 2. dont think you'd need a full polybush kit, just the fronts is enough as ive been told the rears dont make much difference

I get a bit OCD with these things, If im fitting the front i feel like the it all has to be done..

Option 2 IMO.

Definitely need the LSD. Fantastic Mod :twisted:

Grooved discs also make sense if you around going to be doing quite a few track days.

I take it the hondata in replace of k100, header etc is due to price?
If so you could save some money but not getting the cat back and upgrading the b pipe as this is the most restrictive part. The backbox itself is good up to around 300bhp I believe.

To be honest even without the power upgrades it will still be a great track tool. I would personally get another cheap set of wheels and decent track tyres instead.

I have the sportex unsilenced on now, I had with the spoon N1 but was too loud for me. Yeah track wheels & tyres combo I would be looking at anyway.
Yes the reflash would be in replace of mods and k100 to put the extra money towards the diff

Last edited by a moderator:
i have a lsd on my ep3 and it makes alot of difference :) they come standard on jdm cars so its a worth while mod to have. K100 is awesome to

A re-progammable ECU, allows a tuner to get the most out of your modifications. Something you cant do with a standard ECU.

I get ya. Thanks. My friend has just bought some interesting mapping/chipping bits of kit. Off the top of my head he mentioned a chip burner and something called ostrich which if I'm correct enables you to simulate the map on your car before burning a chip to have fitted. Maybe this is for older Honda's, he has a CRX he's been chopping and changing over the years, 10 years in fact!

Thanks

Option 2 IMO.

Or, save on intake, sump baffle and only get front poly bush kit (have you thought about castor increase?) and get something like AEM CAI or similar intake, RBC and maybe even a header on a similar budget?

I would make an option 3 :)

Option 3:

K100
Japspeed 4-2-1 Manifold
Sportex Unsilenced B-Pipe with OEM back box
Tegiwa M intake
JDM rear ARB
DS2500 pads, braided lines, grooved discs, 5.1 brake fluid
Baffled sump
LSD

Jobs a carrot :)

I would make an option 3 :)

Option 3:

K100
Japspeed 4-2-1 Manifold
Sportex Unsilenced B-Pipe with OEM back box
Tegiwa M intake
JDM rear ARB
DS2500 pads, braided lines, grooved discs, 5.1 brake fluid
Baffled sump
LSD

Jobs a carrot :)

I would agree but my one concern is the Cat come MOT time, I dont have the time to swap manifolds and dont have a friendly MOT tester.

Brakes have been done last week.
Springs and FRSU next.

Back