• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 NHB Type-R

Hi all, new to the forum and just got my type R after changing from a E46 300ci. I've only had it a few days and I am really impressed. I wasn't expecting to be impressed with the speed coming from the 300ci as they are supposedly the same, however I would say this feels faster; probably due to vtec which I love! The way this handles is also in another league, however I will miss the luxury/refined feel and the toys of the BMW.

Anyway, my type R has 100,000 miles, full Honda service history complete with stamped book, and a years mot; passed with no advisories. It has also had the timing chain replaced 4,000 miles ago and other than HID's on dipped beam, completely standard.

This is what she looked like after a clean, but I can't believe the bad condition of the paint! So many swirl marks, however I enjoy cleaning and polishing/waxing etc. so I will see how she comes out after I machine polish it next week. First stage was a clean and clay bar and this is how she currently stands.

My plans are to firstly get an exhaust sorted! I love a loud car and don't get the same sensation driving without. I am planning on a HSK Hi power; but this won't be for a couple of months yet. After that I would like to lower and FRSU and other things but I'll see what the insurance says as I'm still pretty young and paying a lot for it!

Cheers, Ed.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks tidy. Definitely see the bad marks on the paintwork there. I've got all that on my NHB EP3 to. Apparently that's what you get for a 10yr old car! A good polish and wax always does the trick though. They look great when clean! :D

Looks tidy. Definitely see the bad marks on the paintwork there. I've got all that on my NHB EP3 to. Apparently that's what you get for a 10yr old car! A good polish and wax always does the trick though. They look great when clean! :D

Thanks, yeah it is in a bad way, hopefully when I machine polish it this week I can make some improvement.

I think I have decided on a buddyclub pro spec 3 cat back, I'll be getting it in a month or so. I assume their website is the best place to purchase it.

Cheers, Ed.

So yesterday I gave the bonnet a machine polish and wax, didn't have time to do anything else unfortunately but I am pleased with the result. I used a Das6 Pro with mezerna polishes and pads, although I wouldn't recommend their pads as they give off lots of dust/parts of the pad.

I then waxed it: here the right has been waxed and the left not; a nice comparison and shows the effect the wax has (Collignite 476).

After wax:

Beading:

Proper mods will begin shortly I promise! Thanks for reading.

Good skills, looks much better.

Thanks, just need the time to do the rest of the car.

Fitted team Heko wind deflectors, really like the look and functionality.

I am going to be ordering a Buddy Club Pro Spec III cat back next month and I was wondering if I'll need any gaskets or bolts? If so, what size? As I see tegiwa sell a few different sizes.
Any help appreciated,
Cheers, Ed.

Car looks in good nick Ed. What a different the machine polish & wax has made :eek: fantastic job!

Yes you need will need new gaskets and the bolts are so cheap you should replace them anyway.

Ok thanks for that, gaskets come with it so I'll just get some bolts from somewhere and I'll be good to go.

Anyone ordered from the BuddyClub UK website? If so, were they good/safe/reliable?

Thanks for the comments on the polishing, it works wonders on these cars, especially black. I will get around to doing the whole car soon and it should look like new.

Car looks good! I definitely need to invest in a machine polisher some day soon!

Cheers, the mods begin at the end of the month so looking forward that!
I definitely would do. I wouldn't bother with hand polishing at all, does nothing compared to a machine polisher. They're easy to use, fool proof and are about £150 for the Das6-Pro along with pads and polish which I have and it is certainly good enough for me.

Also, how much are red premier recaros worth?? I've seen a set in good condition, not mint but no major tears or anything, and was wondering how much I should be offfering for them?
Cheers.

Good work with the polisher!

The red recaros go for silly money, they doo look lovely though. Also, the buddy club exhaust tend to be LOUD. Like, makes children cry loud.

Ok thanks, I'll see if any good ones within reasonable distance pop up; probably offer max of 550 see what that gets me. JDM ones ( red ) do bolt right in don't they? No issues ?

Yeah sounds good jimbo, that's what I'm after! Although it comes with a silencer so I'm sure I can tone it down a bit if needed.

Should bolt in without any problems, the jdm and ukdm cars are all made in the same factory after all. Jdms just have a few trick bits bolted on.

I must admit that I take great pleasure in a really offensive exhaust, the silencer bung hasn't been in mine for over a year. Buddy clubs sound fantastic.

So I've just ordered myself a set of new bronze Rota Torques 17, 7.5" ! They're out of stock for a couple of weeks so I'll have a little wait, but it'll be worth it in the end, much prefer the look of the bronze over gunmetal on NHB.

I am also thinking of a 205/40/17, is that a good idea size wise? Also what brand does anyone recommend out of; Bridgestone Potenza RE050A, Michelin Pilot Sport 3, Goodyear Eage F1 Assemetric 2 or Dunlop SP Sport Maxx ?

Cheers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back