• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 NHB Type-R

If I remember right, the 17x7.5s come in et45, so same as the standard wheels. The 205/40 will be smaller than oem, giving a bigger arch gap and a firmer ride and a 3.4% under-read on your speedo. I have 215/45 and they look good to me, but it really depends on what you're going for. I love my goodyears and would definitely replace them with another set, but I've never tried the others.

Use this for sizes: http://www.willtheyfit.com/

If I remember right, the 17x7.5s come in et45, so same as the standard wheels. The 205/40 will be smaller than oem, giving a bigger arch gap and a firmer ride and a 3.4% under-read on your speedo. I have 215/45 and they look good to me, but it really depends on what you're going for. I love my goodyears and would definitely replace them with another set, but I've never tried the others.

Use this for sizes: http://www.willtheyfit.com/

Thanks for that, maybe OEM size tyres then as they're OEM size rims. Thinking about it, I'd be better off with a bigger profile as the roads in Liverpool are terrible, and people have said that the Goodyears have a soft side wall and seeing as I wont be using it other than on the road, that should help with the comfort.

I will have to wait until next month to get some new tyres and get them fitted but I wanted to get the rims now as apparently there is only a couple of sets coming with this delivery according to rotashop, either that or it was some bullshit to get me to purchase them now.. Which worked.. Either way I can now admire them for a month before they go on.

Last edited by a moderator:
After a few weeks waiting I have just received my rims, and it was definitely worth the wait to get the colour I wanted. Here are a few pictures, more to come when they are fitted of course; still yet tot decide on tyres. Cheers.

The IMG code seems to have gone from Photobucket so I can't upload any pictures. Anyone got a solution to this?

Ah it was on the website. Not sure why that is, never had it before. Maybe it'll fix itself later on.

Edit: I have solved it by using Bing instead; an unpleasant experience but it worked so I can't complain.

Pictures:
They look lovely when the light hits them. Really pleased with the subtleness of the bronze.
RotaShop were very good as well, quick replies and helpful service, well impressed with them.

Does anyone know where I can get an exhaust fitted around Liverpool? The places I've phoned don't seem to
do aftermarket systems :/.. Thanks.

Thanks, there is a big wait at TDi which is what I feared, but it's all
booked in at DemonTweaks for next week.

Holy **** it is loud, sounds amazing though, a lovely tone... I'll get a video soon, but it is the loudest car I've had yet, louder than my 330ci with back box delete no question.

Rotas are on! Really pleased with how they look and I gave them a coat of Gtechniq C5 before so they should be well protected.

I also added type-r-owners stickers which I really like and a rota sticker which I'm still undecided on.

I stupidly got 'Audi Only' tyres; Bridgestone Potenza S001's. They are on however and I don't think it will be a problem, they all fit fine and I can't see what difference it makes; they are 215/40/17 so I really don't think it will be an issue (unless anyone thinks it will be?), I am going to leave them on.

So I have had a FRSU done at Grinspeed, going with the -25mm/-30mm Eibach springs. Turned up at about half eight in the morning and all was sorted by about half 12 I think. Can't fault the service, as I know many have said before, but I would also highly recommend Grinspeed, nice guys and did a perfect job for a good price. They also sorted an issue with the buddyclub vibrating on the anti roll bar and chucked in an exhaust hanger for nothing. Much prefer the look of the car without a yard of arch gap, and it does handle very well now, especially on my month old tyres.

I have removed the sticker on the back window and I think I'll order some new number plates soon. I also want to paint the calipers red within the next week, but I think that will be it for the moment. Future plans are to upgrade the headunit and speakers and get the rear windows tinted, but I've spent far too much on it lately so they'll have to wait.

Here's how she sits now on the new springs, and after some country lane blasts.

Cheers.

That suspension set up has transformed the look of the car imo, it looks awesome, top job, so much cleaner without the rota stickers also

Would there be much/too much stretch if I wanted to put 215/40/17 tyres on an 8.25" rim?
Cheers

Update:

I got some some new rims a while ago now, just got them fitted today. I liked the Rota Torques, but once I saw these I just had to have them. Got them fitted today and I absolutely love them..

It has transformed the car in my opinion.

I got the rear arches pulled and rolled in preparation, not sure if I needed to in the end but it gives me scope to go wider.

XXR 527 - Chromiun Black - 17x8.25
Falken ZE 914 - 215/40/17

Didn't realise I hadn't updated for so long. I also got new mats (completely transformed the interior and would strongly recommend) and a skunk2 weighted gear nob. I've since fitted an aftermarket headunit as CD's were doing my head in.

Future plans:
Rear windows tinted.
Callipers painted (thinking of gold)
Potentially a Mugen rep wing, would need to be a good rep though, not some eBay rubbish: I assume knightracer is my best/only option?

Thanks for looking.

Back