• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Not handling as it should please help!!!

Hey guys got an 02 ep3 only 43000miles recently replaced worn top mounts and cured engine knock and lock to lock knock as well (mechanic by trade) but vehicle still not handling correctly. The problem i'm is that when traveling at about 60mph plus it kinda feels live the back end wants to come round, has anyone else had this fault?? Unable to find play suspension wise in any corner??

Cheers guys

Do you mean under braking or cornering? If you are braking hard into a corner the back end will get lively, just the same as if you lift off mid corner.

You could get a FRSU done which will correct the no doubt incorrect factory settings and make it a little bit more stable, but you'd need some camber bolts etc and springs.

Where are you from?

Cornering is where its happening, the feeling is there when i have it pined going round a corner, I would love to get a frsu but i live in the isle of man and there is no where over here that i would trust to do in (cow boys) and i dont have the equipment at work. This feeling has only started the last few weeks, i even re sed the tracking once top mounts where fitted. we have no speed limit here so car is driven hard (as it should be) lol

All checked its driving me crazy i cant find play in anything (nissan master tech) Was told a long time back that there was something that wears on the back that causes this fault but you cant feel or see the wear, but cant remember what it was, its getting to the stage where im going to have to get the boat over to the mainland and get her set up at tdi north :(

Yeah running bridgestone potenzas as from factory all replaced 2000miles ago and swoped front to back after 1500miles :S

Might be the rear shocks getting worn , mind you at only 43k that sounds unlikely but only thing i can think of . Is there any knocking from rear end? I assume you have checked the springs to make sure there is not a crack / broken one ?

Any accident damage you can see ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Deano, sorry i can't help with your dilemma. I was wondering if you ever see a 05 plate Milano Ctr on the IOm?

no knocking, springs all fine had vehicle in rebound tester and all within Honda limits for the vehicle, its literally driving me insane :( very great full for all input guys :)

This might be a stupid question... Aftermarket rims? If the centre bore is too large you might need spigots? The wheels are bound to vibrate and upset the handling under pressure i.e. speed + cornering. Disregard if you're on OEMs...

Dave T i have done but unsure if it was an 05 as our reg numbers dont plate up like yours lol hence min is jmn-116-a its a 02 but you cant tell lol

Hi deano im not judging your driving at all mate but have you tried to change the way your put it into and around a corner. My type r is totally standard and the back gets lively when cornering if im being a little to aggresive i think on standard suspension setup they need putting into the corner a little softer untill you have the grip. I had a lad down the road telling me his type r was crap was going to sell it cause it handled ****. He took me out in it and he was just to aggressive throwing it in getting understeer then backing off and getting oversteer he just couldnt drive the thing lol just a thought dude seeing as everything seems fine on the car.

Have you driven another EP3 to find out if this is just a trait of the car combined with your driving style? I'm not doubting their may be a fault but sometimes the simplest answer is correct.

Back