• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 on Eibach Sportlines... lower on drivers side?

Hi guys. Not long had my car lowered on Eibach Sportline springs, kept original shocks... DME rear camber arms, Eibach camber bolts, Superpro caster increase front bushes, new track rod ends, fast road alignment etc.

Car drives lovely, nice and straight, no tramlining (well, LOADS less than pre lowering!)

BUT! The drivers side sits a little teeny bit lower. The passenger side rear especially looks that little bit higher than the rest of the car and of course the drivers side rear. I've not done any measuring, but the drivers side does look sweet to me, can't see how any of the work done would mean one side, mainly the passenger rear, is higher. As I say, the car drives really well, no issues with tracking or drifting left/right etc.

Is this just a common trait of these springs? Does anyone else have a similar issue on Eibach Sportlines or even the ABP 30mm variants?

Cheers guys :)

interested in this also, as Ive just had Eibach Pro's fitted and my passenger rear is 5mm higher than drivers rear

I think its because the weight is not evenly distributed on each side (engine, gear box, fuel tank, etc).

Been reading about a bit and got these bits of info, seems common!

Apparently up to 10mm difference is normal!

ABP MOTORSPORT wrote:
6mm difference is actually very good! We measure all cars we have in for lowering and most are around 9-11mm side to side on the rear :shock:

Tolerances when the body was made apparently... ABP say upto 50% of EP3's are a bit lower on one side which is obviously amplified as such when you lower the car and the smaller arch gaps make things more obvious.

Loads on the civictype-r forum seem to have similar problems regardless of springs/shocks and even swapping side to side makes no difference.

Madness! But I'll stop worrying now lol

Back