• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 OSR WHEEL NOT BRAKING (WORKING)

Hi, I don't know if this has been covered elsewhere on the forum.

I purchased a ep3 about 4 weeks ago, it has 129k, I noticed the brakes didn't feel right and the brake pedal felt spongy.

I fitted new EBC Ultimate pads to the rear and blead the brakes as the pads were worn unevenly.

I noticed when the handbrake was on the OSR wheel was not braking, (you could spin in with your hand) so I purchased a 2nd hand caliper and I had the same issue.

I have adjusted the handbrake and it the wheel just spins.

Can someone please help?

I had same problem have you got a tool to spin and push back your caliper? You need this to turn back the thread on hand brake. Let me know what you have done so far?

Hi Red Type R

I haven't got the tool and didn't use it when I replaced osr caliper.

Could you tell me what tool it is and what's the procedure please?

Ok break wind back tool can be bought from eBay. Release handbrake, remove pads etc, push pedal to bring piston out about half way, pull back rubber on piston to see if piston has rust on it, if so clean with fine wet and dry and WD40. Fit tool wind back, repeat a few times before fitting back, make sure piston X is in 12 noon position, fit pads with copper slip. Refit, start engine, depress brake until brakes work then try handbrake. Hope this helps.

That's great thank you.

I spoke to my mate who was helping replace caliper and he said he did spin and push back caliper.

We didn't check rubber on piston, so will do that to see if that cures it.

Unfortunately I cant do this until next weekend, but I will report back when I have.

Cheers red type r

Cööoooooolllll hope it does the trick there a real problem apparently, if not you can get piston kits;-). Good luck

managed to get braking issue sorted, just bought a 2nd hand calliper and fitted it and hey presto, all working now.
the piston was sticking on the old one I had.

Back