• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 OWNER: aemV2 or K&N TYPHOON???

Hi all,
Out of an aemV2 and K&N typhoon intake kits which one would be a wise decision?? It would be fitted on a fairly standard EP3 only other mod is a custom cat back system!? Only just starting to get the bug now!!:D
thanks stew

cheers for that. Also Ive read up a bit on the AEM cai aswell, would it be worthwhile considering?

^^ What Shaenei said. I have the V2, you can suffer from a little heat soak if you sat for a long period of time in the summer (mainly) but it doesn't take long to shake it off!!! and the noise is very addictive.

In respect of the CAI - i chose to avoid due the possibility of Hydrolock.

In respect of the CAI - i chose to avoid due the possibility of Hydrolock.

Me too

It all depends what your budget is and what you want out of a kit???
I did the despicable thing and got a Typhoon kit.:p
Reasons why:

1:1st of all I'm not fussed about getting massive gains from an induction kit and if I lose 1-2bhp whilst standing still in the summer then so be it, the noise more than makes up for it. Plus for me...The CTR is a 200bhp N/A fun and frantic hot hatch. If I wanted big power gains I'd of got a scooby.
2:It was cheap @ £80 and not 200+ or 450+ for gruppe m
3:It really does makes an awesome sound

and by the time I've fitted a cold air intake (£9) and heat shield (£15) it really does feel responsive once rolling.

It was the right kit for me...........thats not to say I would pillage a village to get my hands a sensible priced gruppe M;)

cheers for your coments chaps.
great link milanochris loads of info on there great help! Im swaying towrds the typhoon kit, mainly because im a tight yorkshireman, but also im thinking that it looks like a good starting point...
next round of questions! anyone know wheres best to look for one?? had a look on here but cant find anyone selling one! ebay??

AEM CAI is safe as houses, just dont ford streams or attempt to convert your car into a canal barge and you will be fine. Will give better gains (and sound) than the K&N or the V2.

AEM CAI is safe as houses, just dont ford streams or attempt to convert your car into a canal barge and you will be fine. Will give better gains (and sound) than the K&N or the V2.

^^ Agreed about the gains but if all your after is a loud bark and no real gains for minimum money then the Typhoon will fit the bill perfectly. Lots of sellers on e bay mate. At worst they're £120 brand new but you may grab a second hand one cheaper. Buy a 90mm CAI too whilst your on there (around £9 mark) and run it from behind your grill (above radiator) to your filter to help more air flow. Then keep your eye out for a well priced 2nd hand AEM or Gruppe M. Thats what I'm doing

I have the AEM Cold air intake an sounds angry in v-tec i worryed about Hydroloc at first but have been in some really wet weather an had no trouble at all just make sure u fit inner arch back properly an it will be fine mate :)

Old habits die young REDBEARD!

Purchased AEM V2 waiting on delivery! cant wait to take it through my nearest tunnel. Theres something about VTEC and tunnels its like a drug!

Back