• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Premier seat tilting

I am wanting to make an offer on a 2005 premier EP3, but I have 2 kids and te seat tilt mechanism for each seat is 'missing' from the outside.

Not sure if that's a good explanation but to tilt the seats forward, you need to reach over to the middle of the car and then lift the tilt mechanism and then grab the slide bar a move the seat forward.

Is there a fix for this? Are the seats supposed to tilt and slide at the same time? Has the tilt mechanism from the 'outside' of the seat snapped off? Can it be replaced?

Apologies for all of the questions and I tried to search but a lot of results appear when you search for something that includes "seat".

I have the same probs with my premier and would like to know the answer, I did wonder if the seats could be swapped over but I think the seatbelt anchor point is fixed to them, if they are broke then I find it strange that so many are :-(

Watching this thread with interest.

Regards
Baz

If they unbolt from the runners then, swapping them over might be an option as (on other Recaro's I have seen) the seat belt is on the runner and the tilt mechanism is completely seperate.

Cheers, looks like a £1.94 part (if I have got it right), will see of the seller takes my offer then i'll buy a couple.

My god!!!!!!! Can't believe the prices for the seats, if someone stole my seats they would write the bloody car off :(

The small handles to move the seat forward are only a couple of quid, i got a couple last year from my local Honda dealer.

No.
They just push onto the metal lifting arm bit inside the seat. if you look inside the hole where it goes you will see the bit it fits/slides onto.

That site is great, I phoned up the local Honda dealer and ordered myself a couple (one left and one right). Also ordered myself a nut for under the gear knob as mine is missing. all with the part numbers from that site.

That site is great, I phoned up the local Honda dealer and ordered myself a couple (one left and one right). Also ordered myself a nut for under the gear knob as mine is missing. all with the part numbers from that site.

a lot of people (myself included) remove the locking nut on the gear knob for a shorter throw ;)

Ahhhh, that may be why it is missing but the numbers don't line up correctly (visual concern, I haven't been trying to select gears based on the wonky position on the knob....). It's only £2 so worth getting.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is that other people look at it though :asw:. It's the most 'grown up' car I have had so I'll show more people it..

Mine was proper wonkey too. Drill and file. Problem solved.
gaiter4.jpg

And: No. The type-R is about as grown up as me....

Boobies.

Point made.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like boobies and that post made me giggle. I have had a 172 for over three years ago, the Type R is grown up for me.

I do need to get the drill out and polish my knob (I'll be careful, don't worry), but I'll be leaving the numbers on.

Well, I guess it's more mature than some of my previous cars, or at least it was before I started painting bits...

The numbers on my nob were badly scratched, well beyond saving, so I didn't really have a choice.

Back