• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 problem?

hi guys,

recently i have been noticing that my ctr is being a bit hesitant when applying the throttle and it also seems to be a bit jerky when driving at slow speeds like its sort of kangarooing when in traffic.

could this be the idle control sensor needs cleaned out or something else?

any advice will be most welcome

cheers

stu

hi guys,

recently i have been noticing that my ctr is being a bit hesitant when applying the throttle and it also seems to be a bit jerky when driving at slow speeds like its sort of kangarooing when in traffic.

could this be the idle control sensor needs cleaned out or something else?

any advice will be most welcome

cheers

stu

Cold weather? Mine's been a bit jumpy in traffic lately. I would assume it takes longer for clutch and gearbox to get up to temp and they don't stay there if it's cold outside and you are stuck in a queue.

Also cold air is supposed to be denser (i.e. cold air feeds etc) so it may be your ECU making adjustments after summer. If that is the case if you take the battery off for a few hours (can never remember how long it is supposed to be...) to reset the ECU then go out for a 10-15 mile drive so it can re-calibrate.

I hope I'm not insulting you but have you checked the oil level and/or checked the air filter is fairly clean. :smt023

not insulted at all mate i changed the oil/filter last month and oil is checked every weekend. the airfilter was cleaned last month aswell.

i am going to replace the plugs and fit my cold air feed this weekend so while i am it i will take the fuse for the ecu out for a while and see if it helps any.

cheers for the advice.

Back