• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 problem?

hi guys

today i had a strange problem with my ctr and am wondering if anyone has had the same experiance.

i got in the car this morning to go to work and it fired up first time. i drove around a quarter of a mile and stopped at the shop, got out and tried to lock the car with the remote but nothing happend so i locked it with the key thinking the remote battery must be on the way out.

i unlocked the boot and put my piece in my backpack then got in the drivers seat, put the key in the ignition but when i turned the key there was no response on the dash, no interior lights, nothing at all the car was totaly dead.

after putting the key in and out of the ignition 3-4 times and trying the remote a couple of times i got out and popped the bonnet to check the battery terminals, they were both on and tight so shut the bonnet and gave it one more try. put in the key and the dash lit up and started fine but it has reset the clocks and stereo.

it hasn't done it again today yet but i am totaly stumped as to what it could be.

i don't want it to happen when i am out in the middle of nowhere or when i am driving so i am not sure on driving it at the momment.

any ideas guys?

Has your battery got a condition indicator? I think green means ok, yellow means it needs charge and blue means its kerputten! Something like that.

Back