• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 rear n/s knocking!!!!!!

My ep3 has recently developed a knocking on the rear end near side
I thought it was the rear exhaust rubbers so I've replaced them as the exhaust pipe was close to the rear anti roll bar.also had a mechanic take a look at drop links and arms and can't find anything
the noise isnt a low banging noise it's more of a high pitch knock that's the only way I can describe it
anyone had the same issue
help much appreciated peeps

I had this a couple of weeks ago and it drove me mad, like what you've already stated it turned out to be the exhaust rubbers had twisted. If you have got an aftermarket exhaust which no doubt you have then just make sure they are twisting when going over bumps/turning corners. I know my exhaust hangers looked like they were rubbing against some metal bracket.

Ye.one caliper slider had seized so I freed it up and put it back on and the knocking started a couple of days after
but I can't see how that is what's causing the noise
the noise is when the rear suspension is in indifference?

Ye.one caliper slider had seized so I freed it up and put it back on and the knocking started a couple of days after
but I can't see how that is what's causing the noise
the noise is when the rear suspension is in indifference?

Have you checked the top mounts to see if they are loose at all? I know these can make noises if they're worn. I think theres a bearing on them that can make noises. :)

How do you get to the top mounts
through the boot?

Put down your back seats as far as they go, otherwise they get in the way. Try and pull up the boot carpet as much as possible. On both sides you'll see the plastic covers covering the mounts, get a screwdriver and just pry it open from one side, it should just come apart. This will expose the top mounts. :)

I checked top mounts and all is ok
also removed wheel and inspected the caliper and that's free aswell
the exhaust seems ok but the two rubbers I replaced are twisted but when I give the exhaust a jolt it's not catching on anything?
Don't know what else to check

What exhaust have you got pal just out of curiosity? Just try tapping around the back end to see if anything knocks. It does sounds like the exhaust mounts though :) exactly what mine was doing. Does it sound like a creaking sometimes?

Back