• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 sat nav

How hard is it to get hold of a sat nav unit for the ep3? Are they like rocking horse sh*t and impossible to get a hold of or do most people just buy aftermarket units instead? Thought it would be a nice touch instead of buying a tom tom or garmin. cheers

I would get a aftermarket double din unit with sat nav as then if there is anything else you would like from a head unit you can choose a model to suit your needs i.e. Bluetooth calls and streaming music and/or iPod connectivity check on eBay I got a great jvc unit and its excellent, search on how to fit on the forum it's easy to do just make sure you get a surround to cover the gaps

I agree mate just buy a aftermarket one. What are those jap ones like ? Has any one on here bought one they look to good to be true at only £200-£300. ??

If you mean the ones on eBay which are an unheard of brand? I thought about getting one but if it looks too good to be true it probably is I don't have any experience with them but they seem a bit too cheap to do all they claim to and do it well. Spend a bit more and get a quality piecenof kit from a reputable brand

There are usually a few knocking about on ebay. They were Alpine units but were prone to developing a fault that stopping it reading the Nav disk. So most of the ones knocking about on ebay are ones that have been refurbished.

The same unit also came in the CR-V 01-06, slightly different model code, but the same unit.

Just be wary that if you do buy one of these, and your car has never had the Honda Nav unit fitted before you will need to buy a Civic navigation fitting kit from the dealer which includes an additional part of the wiring loom that splices onto the fusebox and the speedo wire (uses this with gyros to give approx locations if it temporarily loses GPS) and a GPS antenna that fits behind the speedo clocks. You can't use the head unit without this kit and when I bought it 2 years ago it was just over £100 inc vat.

It would be much easier to get an aftermarket unit and the Nav will probably be better, but the Alpine unit does give the OEM look.

This was it fitted to my wife's old EV1.

HME_1296.jpg

Picture half way through the job.

Image001.jpg

Took me about 2.5 hours but it would be quicker if I did it again. I was going slow and being careful.

Back