• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Scratches on dashboard

Pop it out and respray it or vinal wrap it. There's a bloke on here/ctro that does the wraps on an exchange basis IIRC.

I've come accross a guide or at least tips on safe removal of the big silver jibberjabber... have a mooch around the site I'm sure you'll find some usefull posts on the subject.

It easy to remove

1. Remove gear knob & nut by backing off the nut
(nut should go clockwise to loosen the gear knob, then anti clockwise to remove both parts)

2. Push through the gear gator to get your fingers behind the dash and pull.
(the bottom section to secured at 3 points, at the bottom, top right and top left)

3. Once you can get your fingers in, disconnect the fag lighter and hazard warning switch.

4. With a screw driver remove the two screws holding the bottom of the metal bracket which hold the radio in place
(you'll gain access to the screws under the steering column & through the glovebox)

5. Now the bottom section is out. Pull the upper section towards you and it should come out nice and easy
(it's secured up the sides and at the top so if your struggling due to the plastic flexing, work your way around)

6. Disconnect the radio & connectors to the other two boxes of buttons and then your done

To refit do the opposite of the above in reverse order

Last edited by a moderator:
Spray the console, or Vinyl / Carbon wrap it, yeah.
Dashboard scratches, not easy really! Might be worth a very mild abrasive polish, try that, but TBH, replacing the panel is more likely the best option!
Unless it's the dashboard... Then :S

Which color is more similar to the pre facelift silver consoles? I found the following silver colors: Halfords Honda Blade Silver, Halfords Honda Satin Silver, Halfords Honda Nobel Silver, Halfords Honda Vogue Silver, Halfords Vauxhall Star Silver, Halfords Vauxhall Star Silver II, Halfords Aluminium Panel?

Back