• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 shifter removal

Does anybody know how to remove the whole shifter? I changed the shifter bushes back to the rubber ones (3 of them) but managed to drop one of the metal sleeves inside. I also need to remove the shifter to actually insert the last rubber bushing. Thanks

IIRC pull the gear stick and radio surround off. Undo the 4 Gold coloured bolts on the shift assembly, and then twist the plastic plugs that the shifter cables pass through and they pop out to the side allowing you to pull the whole shifter out.

The plastic plugs are under part of the shifter assembly, and its really fiddly to get your hands in from above.

Thanks Tom for the response.

I don't know where the plugs are, and if I do manage to open it - how hard will it be to fit it back in?

Can anyone help with some photos?

Its fairly easy, just a fiddly job. When you remove the centre console, you will see 4 brass bolts, and 2 white plugs on the end of the shift cables. Undo the 4 brass bolts and the assembly will become loose, then remove the White plugs from the shifter arms, and then follow the cables down to where they meet the frame. The Cables go through 2 plugs attached to the shifter frame, its actually part of the shifter assembly, twist these and the cables and plugs will slide out to the side allowing you to pull the whole assembly out.

Its very simple. I figured it out without a guide.

** give it a go, should I be careful of anything dropping when I remove the plugs? I I removed everything else apart from the plugs.

2 tiny metal clips. They hold the cables in place. As I said its really fiddly.

Ok thanks for the help. ** probably just leave it then. I Don't want to cause further issues for myself.

Back