• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 - Sidelight keeps blowing fuse only drivers side

Strange one for you guys!

I recently upgraded my dipped beam to 6k HIDS and wonder if these are causing the issue -

anyway after changing to the HID's I decided to change the sidelight bulbs to bright white LED's

I know that the polarity matters on the sidelights however if the passenger side bulb is inserted the wrong way round it will blow the sidelight fuse (only driver side) if entered the right way round everything works as it

but the passenger side doesn't blow a fuse if the LED bulb is in the wrong way.

Anyone else had this issue? It's not a big hassle at least but just wondering what it could be

Guessing a short circuit due to the fuse going but would be unsure how to fix it!

Cheers

Update:

Going to wittle it down to either the bulbs that were bought

or

possibly if the LED footwell kit has been wired in some stupid way. Apparently the footwell kit was done by the previous, previous owner haha

Only comes on when the driver door opens - doesn't come on when passenger one opens which seems strange to me already.

However, if the LED bulbs were inserted incorrectly in the sidelights it would blow the 15A Fuse for sidelights.

But that weekend there I tried replacing the reverse light bulbs with the same LEDs (as I bought a pack of 10) and one of them was round the wrong way this time it blew another fuse... The speedo... wouldn't show the odometer value AND the car wouldn't start... it would turn over but wouldnt start... why would a reverse light bulb blow that fuse????

Anyway, replaced the fuse under the dash (#1 7.5A) and then the car started back up again odometer read correctly...

Very... very strange doing my nut in might buy other LED's see if it does the same thing

Back