• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Standard Header heat shield rusted away

Hi Guys, I'm new to the forum and have bought a 2002 Civic Type R about 2 months ago, I noticed today I have a noise whilst initially accelerating and decelerating, i have just fitted the energy suspension and power flex mounts to the gearbox hoping that this would fix the excessive play with the engine, but the noise has persisted. (I noticed people mentioned excessive vibration after the install, compared to my Octavia TDI with engine inserts this is smooth just a little more noisy)

After a quick read on the forums here I went out and checked the engine for play, exhaust hangers etc. Whilst doing that I noticed the manifold heat shield was rotten away at the lower bolt and the whole thing is loose.

My question being if I was to just do away with the heat shield on the standard manifold would I need to wrap the manifold and downpipe or just leave it as it is?

Thanks in advance guys
Dave

I've also removed it because of the same problem. It's ok to remove it. If you think about it, all the race headers are without the heatshield and i've never noticed anyone with problems because of the heat.

Back