• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Steering rack slider - Anyone replace on here?

Gents, I am wondering if anyone on here has replaced the steering rack slider on the EP3? I'd like to ask a few questions:

a) Can it be replaced with rack in replace? (My gearbox will be out at the same time)
b) Should there be any other parts I replace at the time? Or might damage in the process?
c) Is there a guide or how to anywhere?
d) Any tips or recommendations?

I have bought an SHG one to replace the OEM one, Feel like I am getting knocks over uneven ground, Steering does't seem to self centre as I feel it should and steering knocks when stationary whilst turning the steering from one side to the other.

Appreciated,
Kris

You can do it with the rack on the car but apparently it's a cnut of a job. Mine is getting done on my DC5 and since I've asked for a flush and renew of my power steering fluid, the rack is getting pulled out.

Can't help with anything else as I'm getting a garage to do the work for me.

I did write a how to guide on the CTRO Forum as I've done it a few times in situ. The only hassle part is trying to undo the inner arms.
Removing the rack isn't that difficult either. But for both jobs make sure the car hasn't been driven for a few hours as you'll be working right next to the exhaust manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can do it with the rack on the car but apparently it's a cnut of a job. Mine is getting done on my DC5 and since I've asked for a flush and renew of my power steering fluid, the rack is getting pulled out.

Can't help with anything else as I'm getting a garage to do the work for me.

Appreciate your input anyway, Cheers!

I did write a how to guide on the CTRO Forum as I've done it a few times in situ. The only hassle part is trying to undo the inner arms.
Removing the rack isn't that difficult either. But for both jobs make sure the car hasn't been driven for a few hours as you'll be working right next to the exhaust manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sound advice, I'll take that onboard, Don't happen to have a link to the how-to?

Back