• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Tanabe Super Racing Medallion Exhaust

Hi All,

What are your views on the Tanabe Super Racing Medallion exhaust? Not much info on this exhaust on the forum, just people who have sold them or bought them without any proper reviews. Not looking at any power gains, just a nice subtle sound and of course a nice sound on VTEC. Been looking at some 5Zigen exhausts but they seem to be very rare, especially for the EP3. All opinions will be appreciated.

Thanks.
H.

How much were you looking to spend?

One of the more subtle exhausts (if you're willing to spend £700+) are the Fujitsubo RM01A (or even more subtle, but harder to find/more expensive) the Legalis R.

I see there's a few videos on youtube with people who have the Super Racing Medallion though, so that should at least provide you with some idea of the sound.

Thanks Mike. Not willing to spend that much to be honest. And yes the Legalis R are hard to find. I have seen the videos but its hard to tell.

I had a tanabe smr on my dc2 a while back. I would imagine the sound would be similar.
It was very loud with a decat, not quite so bad with the cat in place and with bung in it was fine. But the restriction takes away the whole point in the exhaust. The main issue for me was the drone. So loud around the 3000 to 4000 rpm. It certainly wasn't a subtle exhaust on the dc2

Back