• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 tappety

Hi all, i recently serviced my 04 plate ep3, but was advised by Honda that i needed to use 5w30 oil, since ive done this ive noticed over the last week that the car sounds tappety, ive not noticed this before, however ive not listened for it, but when i put on the forum that i had put the 5w30 in, Loxy said it could make it more noisier.

Could this be the issue, it has 70120 on the clock with FHSH.

Thanks Carl

Ok, apparently they should be done every 25k..... search 'tappety engine, valve adjustment, valve clearance' on here and loads will come up to help you :-D

I noticed this with my Ep3 04 type r which also has 71000 on the clock and I use 5w 30 oil iv used Millers petrol power Eco max oil for about 5 tankfulls now and it has just started not to sound tappety highly recommend millers way better than red ex

im going to change the oil to 5w40 castrol edge first, and then do the valve clearance.

Back