• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 team Heko wind deflectors - fitting?

I recently BOUGHT some team Heko wind deflectors.
Went to fit them today and OH MY was it hard!
I haven't got it done the instructions are not clear and there's metal clip things that you have to put somewhere... :S

Any help please? :D

Hve you tried/can they possibly be fixed without the metal clips?

I say this because the JDM visors come with clips, but can be fitted using just the tape.

Last edited by a moderator:
Using the clips is very hard.

I'm not sure as too how the HEKO ones fit to the vehicle but if they are anything like the Honda JDM ones then the tape can just be used.

I didn't bother using the clips on my JDM's as it was causeing damage trying to clip them in and getting a good bite on the tape. Mine stayed true until the day I removed them to sell them on two years later. In fact I had to use a Stanley knife to cut the adhesive tape.

They already came with a little bit of tape they go in where the window goes up.
Is that the same as the jdm ones?

Hey Sonny. This is how I fitted mine.

1) Drop the window.
2) Fit the wing mirror end first (Thin end) and push it firmly into the window runner slot.
3) Peal off the double sided tape along the top and the end.
4) Gently bow the wind deflector towards you in the middle and hook the free end into the window runner (Door end)
5) Release gently and push up hard into the top of the windows runner.
6) Close the window.

As for the clips, I didn't bother using them, but that's personal choice. I used the clips when fitting these to my other car.

Hope this helps.

the clips are ment to be pushed into the channel once you have put the deflector in they are tricky but they are needed to help the angle of the deflector so your window wont hit them.

I just fitted mine, here's a video if anyone is having problems - at first the safety feature on my auto close drivers window kept kicking in but I wiggled them about and now they're fine:

[video=youtube;8E-w1lTvmrg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E-w1lTvmrg[/video]

Climair one's are good dont need clips nice and tight fit, i hated the clips on the team heko one's ended up scraping a wee bit off my tint.

I found the Heko one's to be a piece of **** to fit.

Apply double sided sticky tape to them, feed in the mirror end first then bend the other end slightly to fit into the slot on the window. put the window up and leave for 30 mins to help the tape set in position.

I fitted mine with just the tape, took me two minutes. Wing mirror end first, bed towards you, other end and then just push them in. Easy Peasy. Didn't bother with the clips.

Climair one's are good dont need clips nice and tight fit, i hated the clips on the team heko one's ended up scraping a wee bit off my tint.

The Climair ones I've been looking at, slightly more expensive I think, but have heard a lot of good comments about them.

The Climair ones I've been looking at, slightly more expensive I think, but have heard a lot of good comments about them.
Aye they are a bit more money but well worth it i thought.

Ive got a club card on climair website it isnt much but if u put this code in club197 you will get a few pound off.

Back