• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 timing chain

Does the chain on the ep3 need to change at certain mileage because alot of people say these cars have a chain and no need to change it and I've seen few ads with people mentioning the chains been changed????

QFT

They're supposed to be the life of the car, but it's turning out not to be the case as they're stretching or getting worn and jumping teeth on the cam gear. 100k to be safe and do the tensioner at the same time.

It was originally scheduled in the honda service book to check the tensioner condition at around 100k (I think it was a bit less but cant remember 100%), but they were finding the condition to be very good and decided to remove it. I had my timing chain changed recently at 121k miles and it was just as tight as a new chain, I only changed it because I had to change the VTC gear and decided to do everything else at the same time.

Mines on 70k and I just done chain, tensioner and guides just for piece of mind, prevention is better than cure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back