• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 top mount creaking going round bends

Hey guys what top mounts are you guys running just fitted my second set since buying the car a year ago after i do about 6k the noise is back, i replace them and noise goes for the 6k then its back?? (not cheep from honda and i get trade discount)

cheers guys

My EP3 did this after I'd altered the suspension, mostly when the weather was warm and dry.

Most noticeable at slow speeds and switching from full lock to full lock etc.

Just copper grease them, shouldn't have to replace them.

Creaking top mounts = Tighten them up. That's what my Honda dealer did to fix the problem when my EP3 started to creak...........

Creaking top mounts = Tighten them up. That's what my Honda dealer did to fix the problem when my EP3 started to creak...........

That didn't work with mine when Tom at TGM tried it.

I think the issue came from when I had my springs fitted and the mounts were removed and not re-greased when put back. Then over time they dried and started to winge.

Even after they were re-greased they still made a sound.

running standard suspension set up apart from i have fitted camber bolts for fast road set up (got the settings from tdi north and set up myself at work) had this problem before the set up and now have the same noise again 6months later. I live on the isle of man so the car does get a good hammering along the TT course and that :p, but yeah the noise is deff the top mounts everything is tight and all is red rubber lubed (best stuff ever)

Back