• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Trackday Wheel/tyre recommendations

Hi had my first Trackday at snetterton yesterday and now have well and truly got the taste for it. I am going to get a set of wheels and tires specifically for trackdays. what size wheels and widths work best and tyre recommendations please.

I run 16's, Rota 16x7 ET42 I believe they are.

For tyres I run TOYO R1R as wet's and TOYO R888 for when it's dry. 225/55/16.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just use my standard alloys with toyo r888 215/45/17.
You'll need to think about baffling your sump if your going to be using a semi slick tyre also

Standard CTR wheels with 215/45/17's.
Used all sorts of semi slick on track. Used Yoko A048's then Fedral RSR-s followed by Toyo 888's.

By far the A048's are the best I've used, then I found the RSR's were very close in grip level to Toyo 888's but half the price so I'm currenly on RSR's as I've not got A048 money.

As above, consider a baffled sump , just for peace of mind. ( like me )
I've done over 150+ trackdays in my CTR and over 100k miles and still going ok ( touch wood ).

HTH.

I also use standard rims, and have used 215 45 17 Kumho V70's with no issues. Now run 215 40 15 AD08's (ebay bargain) and they're good also!

Agree with baffled sump comments if going with semi slicks :)

Do you have a geo set-up?

Back