• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 type r brake noise?

Hi

i have an ep3 type r 04. When I'm braking lightly there's a noise coming from the front of the car. Calipers have been changed and still plenty of thickness on pads. Anyone know what else it could be?

Thanks

What sort of a noise? Rattling, screeching, clunking?

my atr is doing the same...take the pads out and rub the them a little bit with a rough emery paper/cloth on a flat surface. sound like they glazed over slightly :)

forgot to add....clean the crud out of the gaps in the pads as this build up doesn't help the noise. as it stops the pads cooling down (i think).

personally not 100% sure but 'hanging' on the brakes (like i do sometimes rolling up to lights etc). i.e not really putting pressure on the peddle, just 'resting' your foot on it so the pads are just about rubbing on the discs. causes enough friction heat for them to warm up and create the shiny surface 'glaze'. PLEASE CORRECT IF WRONG :)

the sound on mine goes away when using them hard/properly but if just rolling with them, the screeching is unbearable sometimes.

Back