• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 Type R (first honda)

Picked up the car last saturday , drive home from the garage was a blast apart from an anoying sweeling coming from the rear right wheel :(
I arrived home and did the usual good look over the car to see if any major things stood out saying ' hold on a min ' , on having a good look with the rear right wheel off i noticed that the pad's were well not even there to be onest they were almost bare metal .
I then started to think what else am i going to find but on the whole the car is a minter apart from the brakes :lol:

So few days later went back to the garage i bought the car from explaing what i was hearing on the rear end , to my amazment the mechanic showed me the pads or metal plates saying thats what was causing the noise mate.
after 2 hours wondering around a small village that the garage was in i soon got my civic back .

Now i stops like a train just how i thought it should ( Happy days )

The car at the moment is mostly stand apart from a itg cone filter

DSC_0464.jpg

DSC_0462.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

The clio 172 is my younger brothers car

Only plans for the car in the meantime are servicing item's , then moving on too the usual exhaust mod's and breathing.

Great looking car, i would have kicked up a stink about the brake pads mate, could have been dangerous!

I nearly did mate only reason i didnt was to keep things sweet with the guy so he'd fix it properly , just couldn't believe the difference in braking power.
Im on the look out for a AEM cai now aswell as the current set up i have suffers from heatsoak pretty bad.

I nearly did mate only reason i didnt was to keep things sweet with the guy so he'd fix it properly , just couldn't believe the difference in braking power.
Im on the look out for a AEM cai now aswell as the current set up i have suffers from heatsoak pretty bad.

I've got an Aem open cone in the engine bay on mine and I did have brush with heatsoak but since I've fitted a heat shield it's been fine! Obviously a true cold air like the Aem cai will be superior performance wise! Pain in the ass to fit though!! Any other mods on the list?

I've got an Aem open cone in the engine bay on mine and I did have brush with heatsoak but since I've fitted a heat shield it's been fine! Obviously a true cold air like the Aem cai will be superior performance wise! Pain in the ass to fit though!! Any other mods on the list?

Looks like ill look to buy a cai next time im off a couple of days :D other mod's will be a spoon exhaust and mabye a frsu before xmas if i have any money left .

Back