• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 type r re map ??

Hi i have a civic type r on a 54 i want to get more power out of it was thinking to have it re mapped if that is possible on the type r `s ? has anyone got a ep3 re mapped and who would you guys recommend? Thanks

A remap wont give you an increase in power without certain mods. But what it will do is change the delivery of the power.

A standard map gives 2 surges of power if I remember correctly, 1st at 1200rpm and the second when Vtec is engaged at 6500rpm I think. Remapping will iron the surges out and give you straighter, more even power delivery.

Saying this though, its been a long time since I looked at a standard map, and I could be completely wrong.

A remap will give power pretty much everywhere Tom, not a lot top end, but plenty mid range.

OP, how about you look at the stickies at the top of this section as it has pretty much everything you need to know with regards to Kpro/K100.

A remap will give power pretty much everywhere Tom, not a lot top end, but plenty mid range.

This is what I meant in an obscure, round the world kind of way. Example, A standard map will give 197bhp, a remap will still give 197bhp, but the map will change the way the power is delivered.

Am I right in thinking the standard map from honda is engineered to make you feel that the car is actually faster than it is. Im sure somebody told me this.

I used to love the Vtec surge before I got it mapped, it seemed to be more aggressive than it dis after the map.

It is said the VTEC kick was added to make it feel more like an older VTEC engine, such as a B or H series.

I love the v tec sound but if you cant hear that after the map then i would not be to sure about the remap, just that i wanted more torque and power for my ep3

I would hope the VTEC still sounds good after a remap! Also if you're like launching from 1st and changing at redline 8100 rpm (or is it 8400 with kpro?) then i'm guessing you will always be in VTEC into the next gear? you just won't hear the crossover in the engine tone?

was gona d cat it but i heard the engine light will come on and the car might run lumpy? if i get a decat pipe with the sensor hole to fit in i wonder if the light will still come on?

was gona d cat it but i heard the engine light will come on and the car might run lumpy? if i get a decat pipe with the sensor hole to fit in i wonder if the light will still come on?

Group buy going on the k100 mate, see my signature elbow

Please read the stickies and use the search function.

Don't bother. It's fooling the ecu in to thinking its ok.

Could cause more harm than good.

Why not just get it mapped so the car runs better and you then see the full potential of decating

Back