• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 TYPE-R SUSPENSION RECOMMENDATIONS. PLEASE

Hello everyone,

I brought my EP3 CTR on saturday.

Suspension is one of the first things i want to upgrade, after breaks and tyres. (so not for the next couple of months).

im looking for a fast road set-up.

I have read through some threads on the forum but wanted to ask what peoples opionions were and get it straight in my head what i need to purchase for achieve what i want.

I previously ran coilovers on my last car but found the ride too bumpy for a daily.

i want to upgrade my suspenion for a subtle drop probably maxium 20mm - 35mm, but want to keep the standard comfort/smoothness while reducing bodyroll. (if this can be done)

I want to find the best value for money set up. I strongly agree with 'you buy cheap, you buy twice' but at the same time I dont want to fork out £££ for a uncomfy ride but by no means cut any corners.

Can i run springs on standard dampers and if so what would be the best set to go for, or should i look into upgrading the dampers aswel?

If i have brought up something people have gone over hundreds of times i do appologise but wanted to get the best advice as im new to Hondas and i most certainly dont want to buy twice.

Hopefully you can help me find a medium between a subtle drop, simular comfort and better cornering?

Thanks in advance.

Harry.

:cool:

I've only ever heard good things about ABP Eibachs

For both comfort and performance

And at a 30mm drop oem shocks should be fine

I had eibachs on my old car and couldn't have been happier, now on meister r coilovers for my civic though

I've only ever heard good things about ABP Eibachs

For both comfort and performance

And at a 30mm drop oem shocks should be fine

I had eibachs on my old car and couldn't have been happier, now on meister r coilovers for my civic though

Thanks! Can anyone else suggest any others, or give me a review on the Eibachs

I have the Eibach Pro Kit myself like many other on here and cant fault them at all. I would avoid coilovers unless your are spending most of your time on track.

Whilst getting the springs fitted I would strongly advise in getting a fast road set-up and possibly the JDM rear anti roll bar. This will transform the handling.

Take a look here for pics and more info on the Pro Kit
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...uest-Your-EP3-on-ABP-or-Eibach-Pro-springs...

I have the Eibach Pro Kit myself like many other on here and cant fault them at all. I would avoid coilovers unless your are spending most of your time on track.

Whilst getting the springs fitted I would strongly advise in getting a fast road set-up and possibly the JDM rear anti roll bar. This will transform the handling.

Take a look here for pics and more info on the Pro Kit
http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...uest-Your-EP3-on-ABP-or-Eibach-Pro-springs...

Cheers mate helped alot.

does anyone know if there is a massive difference in comfort from the Pro Kit and the ABP's?

The ABP ones drop a bit lower and to be honest in glad i didn't choose them. The choice is yours really but if you have an aftermarket exhaust that hangs low and/or your commute has any speed bumps you may run into issues.

The eibach springs are progressive so comfort is not really any different to standard. They are fine for everyday use.
You do however have to be more careful with speeds bumps and such. With the ABPs being lower your going to increase the chances of running into problems

Abp springs feel a bit harder than standard but handling is much better. I have a r8byb b pipe too and that scrapes on the bigger bumps especially with 3 passengers. Cant say I regret getting them though as it looks awesome

As far as I know, lower springs need stiffer settings...
the 10mm difference needs to be compensated by a stiffer springrate in order to avoid bouncing the damper.

I can't comment on HOW comfort they are, but be careful, what many claim as comfort, will be sure too much for your bottems and the misses' mood.

eg. some think a 110dB exhaust isn't loud at all...
it's rather personal I think, same goes for spring rates.

Never read anything bad though, both ABP and regulars. I think you can't go wrong with either one of them.

This is really useful. I can completly understand and agree with what you say about the springs need to be stiffer to compensate the lower ride.

Again, i suppose is it down to personal prefrence. Just want to make sure i purchase something i am going to be happy with first time round.

Yes, i havent read anything negative as of yet. They sound well engineered and a good bit of kit.

Can anyone point me in the direction of some pictures with difference between the Pro's and the ABP's.

Im definatly going to have the whole FRSU done at the same time.

Thanks everyone.

Unfortunalty im in Surrey/Croydon so

LL13 9UG is 226.6 miles - 4 hours 19 minuets. 8 hours 40 mins round travel :eek:

TGM are fairly near. I hear very good things about them, im sure they can sort something out?

:)

Back