• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Ep3 Type r won't start keeps blowing IGP fuse

Right guys I'm on need of a bit of help! So to start the cars a 04 80k ep3, the problem started on Friday when I fitted a Tegiwa M, I came to start the car howeverthe battery was dead so I put a spare battery on and it started.. Happy days, I was then reversing it off the drive and the car cut out.. Tried to start it again and It was turning over but not firing, also I couldn't hear the fuel pump priming, so checked the fuses and lo and behold I had popped the 15amp under bonnet number 6 fuse the manual says it's for IGP, I've tried googling it and can't find nothing, I changed the fuse, the fuel pump primes and car starts, I go for first gear let the clutch off and it cuts off.. Popped the fuse again! I'm on my 5th fuse now just getting it off the drive way! So I left it alone until today, I have just gone to try it and it started drove me 1 mile and back with engine being turned off at the shop and back on without problems, I get back to my driveway and cuts off again. Fuse gone.. HELP please.

Is the tegiwa M the one where you cut the scuttle to fit it.
Just a wild stab in the dark but if so, could water be getting in?
Is your drive parked on a slope? again a wild stab in the dark but if it is, it may be a reason why you were ok at the shop?

There was no water that could of got into it, as I fitted it in the dry in the garage, so It can't of been that.

Have you changed anything since this has started happening ? something like a new Radio, shortshift, RBC Manifold intake or something like that ?
If so, check the connections as it sounds like there is a short somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I fitted a strutbrace and a tegiwa, I haven't had chance to check the connections with work and the foul weather we have had lately, but I'm off tommorow and will have another look, I'll check the connections as it seems a few have mentioned it.

thanks

EDIT: Problem solved, bad connection between battery and terminal, I gave it a sand down and it's spot on now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back