• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Tyre Pressure

I hate people that know a little bit about everything but alot about nothing! Thread is a bit pointless might as well close it.

So 50 sets of car tyres in 15 years, so you go through over 3 sets a year then? And out of those 50, how many have been on a EP3?

Wheels bend up in potholes? WTF is that supposed to mean? and Running higher pressure's decreases traction, so your theory about traction and wheel spin 'leaving you behind' is absolute rubbish.

And, going by your statement of carrying a buggie and a baby bag therefore I can only conclude you carry a baby at times, so why would you even care about being 'left behind'

The Bridgestone is such a stiff walled tyre that 32/30 for normal use is absolutely fine if you're running fully loaded then yes increase it, but how often are you actually fully loaded.

And why ask a question, when you've already decided the answer so anyone elses opinion get's shot down by your irrational logic and sketchy posts.

Peace:rolleyes:

Mate not worried at all about being left behind at all. If its an even match I will even admire the other driver! ;) Worried more about my punctionality problems though. Sherads of tyre is whats being left behind when loosing traction, I didn't mean me(Im used to getting left behind..........Naaaaat)!

The question was only to see what every one else runs and here we have people saying what the owners manuel says and what their garage told them! If you always stick to what the doctor says, how fun would life be? Granted a few years longer, but how fun?

Now im not dissing any of the above advise, and in the long run the garage advise and owners manuels etc are by far the best opinions to go for, however these are designed for the long run, everyday usability, practicality etc. Not max performance.

When the doc told me to smoke a little less I looked at him and thought, hmmm he's got a point, when he told me to exercise, I thought now hold on, and, when he told me to start eating healthy and cut the crap, I just walked out! I do the same when a garage tells me, 'problem fixed', yet when you drive out ten minutes later same problem.... Im sure somone knows what I mean. If not, just respect the fact I am little retarded....

So I guess 32/30 is most common then? lol

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew I'd seen that moped before!

moped-dance-792256.jpg

dont know if its mind over matter but i have recently changed to f32/r30 (was previously running 34psi all round, was advised to with aftermarket alloys on my old eg4/6 ) the car seems to drive a lot smoother.

im running on yoko paradas and bought the car in at TDi @ Thurrock and they recommended me to have 31 psi all round.
Previous i was having 33f 32r and it did feel twichy on the motorway. But
after the adjustment it felt planted and more grip.
But having 31psi all round for paradas is that too low ?
The guy who worked there said he had those numbers on his ep3 and drove it to the Ring with no problems :confused:

No it's fine at those pressures, if you're happy with how the car drives then that's cool.

Back