• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 tyre size

Just had a quick look though but can't find a thread stating what size tyres come as standard on the ep3.

i've got to admit i'm not up to speed on my tyre sizes but would rather do my own research into tyres rather than make do with just what the garage give me.

thanks in advance

A lot of people go for the slightly cheaper 215/40/17 though. Can you tell its a different size by looking at it and does it noticably increase the gap between the tyre and the arch?

I have 215/40/17 only because I think they look better, 205's look a little tight if you know what I mean.

I have 215/40/17 only because I think they look better, 205's look a little tight if you know what I mean.

Cool, is your car lowered at all? Mine is bog standard from the outside and I think the gap in the arches are big enough already. Does it increase this gap by much? Enough to be able to tell?

I really want to go for 215/40 but want to know that it wont look much different.

I did have 205/40/17 but changed them after thinking that the tyre's looked too skinny for my liking, plus give little if no prtection to the alloy, it's not much but it's another pro for me to move up a size in width.

I've only had Prada 2's so I can only coment on that brand. Alot of people are moving away from Yokohama now due the perfomance in the wet.

215's car is lowerd 20mm.

WindDeflector.jpg

Great looking car mate. 215/40 looks great if the car is lowered but not sure about standard ride height. I'd love to get mine lowered if I could justify the cost of springs, fitting and re-setting allignment.

If anyone else has pics of this size tyre on standard ride height then I'd love to see pics of it.

Nice and clean, always good to see. Looks a bit odd to me but then thats only 205 so the widewall is slightly smaller than on 215.

Just coming off the topic........what springs you on and have you reset the camber/done fast road set up?

Just coming off the topic........what springs you on and have you reset the camber/done fast road set up?

Eibach springs and Eibach camber adjuster's fitted and laser alinged by TGM Racing in Fleet.

Yes, it's been set up for fast road use ;) .

Back