• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 Unsilenced B-pipe with OEM backbox.

Hi,

Anyone in the Midlands area have an EP3 with a unsilenced B-pipe and OEM backbox fitted. Looking to hear one before purchasing a b pipe. Each video on YouTube sounds different. So want to make sure before I make a choice.

Thanks.

At that speed you'd have to put your volume up on your car stereo in order to listen to some music,
It's just sounds to loud and raspy
Under 3k rev range sounds alright obove that just to raspy

Whilst on the topic of midlands cars, I'm thinking about the k100 and the associated mods - already got Tegiwa intake but additionally a manifold and exhaust system. Looking for 220-240 BHP. Really don't want a loud exhaust and ideally something that looks OEM, don't like the single pipe (perhaps an oval one but certainly not round). Anyone local to kids running these mods, I want to get a feel for the difference in torque for the money?

The Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust system is bigger version of the OEM look
With a good sports cat fitted should hit 230bhp -240bhp

Last edited by a moderator:
At that speed you'd have to put your volume up on your car stereo in order to listen to some music,
It's just sounds to loud and raspy
Under 3k rev range sounds alright obove that just to raspy
I don't mind the raspy sound but, I've got the feeling it may sound like a wasp/bee. So your saying at 60mph it still sounds raspy?

The bee wasp sounds above 4k and when you let go of the throttle it louder
At 60 MPH in my car rev range would be on 3K at 6th gear on standard gear box sounds deep drone

Cheers Hamza, can all these be supplied and fitted in the same place or would I need to acquire the exhaust system separately and then go see someone like Romain?

No Steve my car is not tuned just have the Fujitsubo Legalis R exhaust system fitted and FRSU and standard air intake with k and n drop in filter
I got my exhaust from injection Imports,you can get your own parts and them them fitted at TDI North who supply the K100 or Kpro
Speak with them see what they can do for you

Will look into it, cheers. Need to see what it sounds like first.

Looks bloody expensive, is it that good?

Hi,

I have an unsilenced B Pipe (M2) with a standard back box, if you blip the throttle when the engine is cold it can be a little raspy but not bad by any means, once the system has warmed up its not very loud at all and I use my car daily, for me its a great little mod as the car look standard and wont draw attention but gives a little more noise when planting it. the whole thing works for me but we are all different and want different things from our civics.

Regards
Baz

Cheers Bazza. I like the sound of the Tegiwa and vtec, I wouldn't want any exhaust noise above the OEM to be honest. I might do k100 with just intake and benefit from the mid range improvements.

Confused with the different opinions but thanks. To be honest i would like to hear one in the flesh to make a decision. Still not sure.

Back