• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 white smoke until warmed up.!

my ctr has just started smoking when started up from cold until its warmed up. i put some castrol edge 0w 40 in it the other day bowt half a litre top up cant think wat else it could be hope its not anything worse! any help would be much appreciated thanks.

Is it actually smoke, or steam? Most cars have a bit of condensation within the exhaust that comes out when warming up. White smoke is normally very very thick and is pretty much unheard of on these cars.

ye it cud be steam i spoke to my mechanic about it this morning he said it prob just steam just got me concerned because never seen it on my car before this is the first time.
it did cross my mind about head gasket tho hope not !!!!!

Very very rare, to the point of being unheard of for a head gasket to go on these. Keep an eye on your coolant level if you're concerned.

I had the same panic when i first got my CTR, I had booted it up and some steam had came out and scared the crap out of me.

Checked my levels, and all was ok.

Back