• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

ep3 wing mirror smashed

Driving home from work tonight and some idiot going too fast down a narrow road has smashed my drivers side wing mirror (glass only luckily). It hasn't completely desintergrated, but was hanging off by the wires, I've temporarily popped it back in.
I would presume that it's fairly easily replaced, does anyone know how much it's likely to cost from Honda?
I'm quite annoyed, as the other car did stop but as I got out to inspect the damage sped off. Unfortunatley it was too far down the lane for me to read the reg number.
Anyway all I was looking for was an apology as I had pulled as far left as I could and had slowed to about 5 mph, everything I could of done short of scraping my wheels against the kerb, but the idiot in the 207 has both no spatial awareness, no concept of speed and no humility.
:evil::mad:
Not inspected the damage in daylight yet, but from what I can see it's just the glass thats gone. Hope it's not too expensive as I see that FN2 owners are paying about 150 quid for a replacement wing mirror.

I see you have a pre facelift but i have a facelift mirror in the garage.

Let me know if you need it dude.

Will do mate, thanks.
Going to have a look in daylight, just hope it's only the glass that's goosed as it was a fair old impact the 207 must of been doing at least 35 mph on a road where 15 mph is about as fast as is safe.

Check on ebay or go to a breakers, they are about £50-60 quid each on there. Honda will probably bump you!

A man with such a dedication to supplying us with Misa pic's shouldn't have to endure this sort of sh!t. Hope it looks better in the morning dude.

Check on ebay or go to a breakers, they are about £50-60 quid each on there. Honda will probably bump you!

Honda quoting 40 quid for the mirror, strangely the mirror housing doesn't even have a mark. I guess I was lucky in my bad luck.

A man with such a dedication to supplying us with Misa pic's shouldn't have to endure this sort of sh!t. Hope it looks better in the morning dude.

Cheers dude, glad you liked the pics:D

9.49 from halfrauds not perfect, but unless you get within 6 inches of it totally not noticeable.

Code for future reference is SR645 (drivers side) & SR635 (passenger side).

Definitely a quick fix but looks a whole lot better than it did. Now why didn't I do this months ago:lol:

Back