• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EP3 ep3's and child seats

hi everyone,

I'm still looking for a track/fun/weekend car.

it wont be all the time, but I have a 2 year old daughter, and one in the oven due in feb.

would a toddler seat and a new born seat both fit in the back of an ep3?

for reliability, tuning costs and as an all round fun car is still on the top of my list.

can a the passanger airbag be switched off?

many thanks

You'll get car seats in the back no problem.

I'm not quite sure on the airbag to be honest, it's been a while since I've been in an EP3.

No way of turning the air bag off I'm afraid. I find it hard work to get my rear facing kid seat in. She's 14 months now so can't wait for front facing so my seat doesn't have to be bolt upright!

It's ridiculously impractical to be honest, drivers seat doesn't tip, 4 seats, unwatchable air bag and shocking steering lock. But I still love it!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

thanks for the replies,

as I say I don't think it would be very often that we are all init, its more of a selfish toy for myself.

but it would be a front facing seat and a rear facing baby seat from feb, and I'm 6ft,2 so worried bout leg room behind me etc.

but remembering from my 2009 focus 4 door there wasn't much room in the back of that either,

I'm also planning on getting a 2.2tdci Smax, the one with 200hp maybe I should just tune and track that haha

It could work with your eldest behind you. I'm sure people have done it before! If it's the odd occasion then it shouldn't be too bad!

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

I've had a CTR with my boys for a while now. I've had group 1 and Group 2/3 seats.

I would use a maxi cosi cabriofix base and seat for you baby.

A group 2 seat with a harness will work too. We had an ISOFIX Britax seat. Excellent seat and rated by which.

Both boys are now 4 & 5 years old now.

Both in group 3 Britax ISOFIX seats.

The car can do it. Having the flat floor/no transmission tunnel really does help.

I'll get some pictures up at some point.

Hi OP

I have a 3 year old and a 6 month old. Both seats fit in fine and I'm 6"1'. I put the 3y/o behind me and have plenty of room.

I also have a BMW e90 320d (4 door saloon) and I would say there is more space in the Civic by far.

I was in the same boat as you, looking for something fun for the weekend, but drawn to something that wouldn't break down after a thrashing. Had to convince our lass that the kids would be fine in the back and I was surprised at how much room there was when I tried one out.

Hope you manage to get one. I have had mine for 3 months now and haven't regretted it for a second.

I've only had my EP3 for a few days but im amazed how much room there is in the back. I have 2 boys, a 2 year old and 5 month old and its much more spacious for me and the kids than a Mk3 Focus ST.

Back