• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

eps steering

ty

hi all am at my last straw with this problem have tried everything but just cant get my ctr steering to return to the center position is so annoying?? any ideas i have changed the slider in the rack, changed the rack for a second hand one had all the tracking checked, greased the rack all up but still when i turn the steering slightly it just stays there and wont return like a power steering car would is it ment to be like this people at garages have told me that the steering does not self center on ctrs?? please can anyone help?? anybody else had this is it a sensor or something???

Last edited by a moderator:
CTR's don't self centre too well if relesing the steering wheel after pulling out of a junction, does it pull to the left or right once manually centred?

no does not pull to left or right when manually centerd but should it return to the center after you turn if i turn it slightly to the right or left while driving straight it will just go that way unless i manually pull it back?? surely it should return to center?? anyone in cornwall with a ctr 2003 that i can drive or they can drive mine to compare??

This is normal mate. As long as it doesn't pull.

I will get a video for you when I get chance.

no does not pull to left or right when manually centerd but should it return to the center after you turn if i turn it slightly to the right or left while driving straight it will just go that way unless i manually pull it back?? surely it should return to center?? anyone in cornwall with a ctr 2003 that i can drive or they can drive mine to compare??

As I have said before mate, owned a few EP3's and I never noticed anything different with this one.. just a trait of the EP3's EPS IMO.

video would be good thank you griffin831 ?? yeah no what you mean dotty it just cos the misses kept on to me about it then i noticed it lol how the dc5 coming along ready for japfest???

Have you checked the tyre pressures?

If you have changed the rack and it is still doing what it is.. then it isn't the rack at fault and that is common on EP3's.

I have the same problem but I don't actually see it as a 'problem'....just a feature, no big deal mate

What EXACTLY is the prolem, are you saying that if your going round a tight corner, when then the corner straightens out, instead of loosening your grip on the wheel and letting the steering wheel spin back to the centre, you have to physically turn it yourself??............is that right?

Mine is fine , and self centres(well the same as any other car)

I think what he means is that it will spin back to original position when loosening wheel but will not come all the way back to centre. Also if pull the wheel slightly it'll stay in that position. In other words the first 20 degrees or so is dead and has to be manually straightened. OP please correct me if I'm wrong.

Ah right then, perfectly normal and not a problem.

Ty get a vid up so we know what your on about:lol:

One more vote for 'Normal' I'm afraid!
I was the same when I bought my EP3, being such a perfectionist I wanted everything to be perfect.
After new tyres I got a full laser alignment at Micheldever and they managed to get it a lot better, it was no longer pulling, but it's still not spot on.
Just something I've learnt to live with now!

Back