• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

erratic idle when cold

My ep3 over the last few days, has erratic idle for about 3 seconds & only on morning start ? ok all day?
any help please ?

Yes, its quite normal for the idle revs on start up to go up to 2'000rpm's, then once the engine is up to temp to drop back down to 900/1'000rpm's.

mine did this today for about 5 minutes! It kept revving to 2k then down to 1k, up and down, up and down. Anybody had that before?

mine did this today for about 5 minutes! It kept revving to 2k then down to 1k, up and down, up and down. Anybody had that before?

That sounds more like a dirty Idle control valve.

I get it very occasionally, so just let the engine get upto temperature and go for a spirited drive. If it persists you'll have to get your hands dirty and give it a clean.

Ive cleaned idle control valve, still the same. pluged scanner in throttle position sensor reads 8.6% no throttle & 91% full ? also have a slight miss only once when cold ?

ive cleaned idle control valve, still the same. Pluged scanner in throttle position sensor reads 8.6% no throttle & 91% full ? Also have a slight miss only once when cold ?

i have the exact same problems!!! Any news as to what it was?

Back