• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

es mounts/ Engine damper

Hello, Ive bin doing some research on engine dampners and I have read somewhere that it is best to get uprated engine mounts. Is this true?
I want to uprate the way the car handles and drives to make it feel more stable and tight when driving quickly, Im looking in getting coilovers or springs, also Im planning on getting jdm front and rear anti roll bars.

Could do with some advice and places to shop around.

Thanks simon

Engine mounts will firm up the response a bit, and make the gearchanges more positive, an ETD just adds to this, but if I was buying one, it would be the mounts.

JDM front anti-roll bar is the same thickness as the UK one, just a different shape to accommodate the JDM manifold which is different to the UK ones. You'll only need a JDM front ARB if you're planning on fitting a Japanese manifold, be it OEM or aftermarket.

REAR ARB is worth a go, makes things a bit more positive at the front, and springs and a fast road set-up will help even further.

Hello, Ive bin doing some research on engine dampners and I have read somewhere that it is best to get uprated engine mounts. Is this true?
I want to uprate the way the car handles and drives to make it feel more stable and tight when driving quickly, Im looking in getting coilovers or springs, also Im planning on getting jdm front and rear anti roll bars.

Could do with some advice and places to shop around.

Thanks simon

Oh, I may have a JDM EP3 4-2 & 2-1 piece manifold (with CAT) coming up for sale very soon if that interests you :smt047

ES mounts are good, some people find them too harsh but I dont think there too bad. Just up the engine Idle to about 900rpm an you'll never know they were there!

Back