• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Essential mods before map

I know there is a few threads floating about of people suggesting what to get before a map, but they are mainly aimed at people who are throwing ridiculous sum their cars.

So my question is this, What do you need/expect to get out of a remap on the following:

- Tegiwa M Carbon Induction
- Toda Titanium Catback-
- Standard Cat, Standard manifold and standard intake manifold.

I know people suggest the RBC inlet but how critical is that to a map? Like is it a 1-2hp gain or more? Same goes with the 4-2-1 manifold as I believe that means you have to run decat, which I'd rather not do. I've been there and done that, the smell is annoying, you need a friendly MOT place for something essentially illegal and the exhaust noise is magnified in a bad way (tinny sound).

Any input is welcome, I am basically trying to figure out how much £££ i need to spend to get a decent power gain (30-40hp is fine) as I'd rather focus on the handling more which is already pretty well sorted but can use better brakes/coilovers.

Thanks!

you wont get anywhere near 30-40 gain without swapping the cat

I would expect about 215-220 peak on those mods if lucky.

The remap will give you plenty more mid range though.

Rather than the remap have you thought about the LSD as we talked about before

Also whilst the box is off you could look at swapping the final drive, this will give you better acceleration, then also putting a longer 6th in for motorway use.

you wont get anywhere near 30-40 gain without swapping the cat

I would expect about 215-220 peak on those mods if lucky.

The remap will give you plenty more mid range though.

Rather than the remap have you thought about the LSD as we talked about before

Also whilst the box is off you could look at swapping the final drive, this will give you better acceleration, then also putting a longer 6th in for motorway use.

I see, well sports cat would have to be my only route as decat is out of the question for me.

LSD is something I want to do eventually, but it's cost is hard to justify at this time. Changing gearing and stuff like that is too complex for me unfortunately which would mean a garage would have to do it, so that's another extra bit to add if I do the LSD I guess.

The way I see it, there is no point having mods if they are not mapped (intake/exhaust) but at the same time there is no point having much more power if you cannot put it down effectively (LSD). So I guess the mid point here would be:

Aftermarket manifold, Sports cat, RBC and LSD/Gearing (along side a clutch change) ?

I think the above will almost add up to the cost of the car, at which point if I put the sum together I could of just bought an M3 lol

I think the above will almost add up to the cost of the car, at which point if I put the sum together I could of just bought an M3 lol

Sure, that's sadly the price you pay for almost anything though.

Have you already done the simpler handling changes? Things like camber bolts and arms, FRSU, and better tyres? That still adds up to maybe £600 assuming tyres at 100/corner, arms for 100, bolts for 30 plus geo.

Sure, that's sadly the price you pay for almost anything though.

Have you already done the simpler handling changes? Things like camber bolts and arms, FRSU, and better tyres? That still adds up to maybe £600 assuming tyres at 100/corner, arms for 100, bolts for 30 plus geo.

Yeah that's all done, I believe the spec is:

Tein Street Advance Z coilovers
Eibach camber arms and bolts
Hardarce droplinks
Progress 24mm ARB

FRSU done by Automek

Brake wise it's on standard discs
Stoptech pads
HEL braided lines
Motul RBF600

Wheels freshly powdercoated (oem wheels)
Brand new Michelin Pilot Sport 4's in 215/45/17

So power is next really and the Intake and exhaust are probably not doing much in terms of gains before an actual map.

This is why I bought my current one pre-modified, save so much money in the long run.

The power mods are not everything, there is much more enjoyment from the handling mods.

Earlier crossover is always nice though I suppose

This is why I bought my current one pre-modified, save so much money in the long run.

The power mods are not everything, there is much more enjoyment from the handling mods.

Earlier crossover is always nice though I suppose

Yeah I get what you saying, this one is also pre-modified and the handling department is more or less sorted. To be honest exhaust and intake were all I was going to invest in anyway, perhaps a manifold too in the near future with LSD being a distant upgrade, so maybe I should say **** it and get a DC 4-2-1 and remap it. I think I ll be fine on power after that (hopefully at least 230?) and just focus on investing more money in Track Days and road trips instead :)

230-240bhp depending on the rollers/mapper.

Mine rather annoyingly made 239.9bhp peak.

Would have liked that extra 0.1 just for the sake of having a round 240

230-240bhp depending on the rollers/mapper.

Mine rather annoyingly made 239.9bhp peak.

Would have liked that extra 0.1 just for the sake of having a round 240

That would really mess with my ocd... you cleaned her yet? :D

Back