• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

et48 offset fitment

I haven't posted on this forum before and have been kind of like a secret watcher but I need some advice now. I bought a 2003 EP3 earlier this year and have up until now been working on getting the car up to a good standard. I am now looking at putting a set of wheels on the car because the old ones are corroded and won't hold tyre pressure. I have done a bit of research and want something that looks smart, offers a significant performance upgrade and does not stand out too much. I have narrowed it down to a set of silver Enkei RPF1's and plan use my 205 section Goodyear F1's. I have a couple of questions if somebody could help?

1) does anybody have experience of these wheels? Are they any good and will they stand up well to potholed and salted roads?
2)Will 7.5j fit my 205 section tyres ok?
3) They come with an offset of ET48, will these fit ok without any spacers, spigot rings or any other modifications?

I also have my car booked in at ABP Motorsports and I am debating whether or not to go for the fast road set up. Any thoughts or opinions are welcome....

1) Good wheels.
2) Recommended size for 7.5J is 205 to 235, but recommend 215 to 225, so 205 will look a bit stretched.
3) OEM wheels are 7J with ET45. This is a good website for figuring out fitment. I've included the recommended tyre size.
http://www.willtheyfit.com/index.ph...l_size=17&wheel_width=7-5&offset2=48#isPage=1
You would be nearly 10mm closer to the suspension strut so it could catch. Really you would need 10mm spacers.
Spigots depend on the wheel. Centre bore needs to be 64.1, any bigger and they will need spigots, any smaller and they won't fit.

Thanks for the reply. For some reason I thought OEM wheels were 7.5J. I will order the 7J wheel with an ET45 then and will be able to use my current tyres. The bore is 73mm which I assume can be accommodated with spigot rings?

I have RPF1's in 17x8 ET35. They're a good quality wheel so don't worry too much about pot hole damage (although they're best to avoid anyway!).
I run a 215/45 track tyre (track tyres come up a little wider than road tyres) and they don't look stretched at all on the 8 inch rim.
The size wheel and tyre I use you will need to roll the rear arches to be on the safe side to stop scrubbing.
cfb40c48eb94e199cbcc0f8c8f2054e7.jpg

4ffe68b3e116a839ced8acf51e1fe824.jpg

That's a quality picture. I really like the look of that, I think they are by far my favourite wheel for the EP3. If I went for the same size as stock will these wheels clear the caliper? It looks like the spokes project out quite far from the wheel.

Why did you choose the RPF1?

Do they do them in the same size as standard? 17x7 ET45 is standard for the EP3.
I picked the RPF1 because they're not a bad looking rim, but more importantly they're light and strong. It's mainly a car used for track and Nürburgring trips so it had to be something that's not going to let me down.

Yes they do do them as 17" 7J ET45. Very light too at 6.8kgs. I cant justify getting something like Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's or or Rota Grids because they are about the same weight as the stock wheels. Will the Enkeis in this size clear my calipers?

Yes they do do them as 17" 7J ET45. Very light too at 6.8kgs. I cant justify getting something like Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2's or or Rota Grids because they are about the same weight as the stock wheels. Will the Enkeis in this size clear my calipers?

They should do no problems. The standard wheel spoke design isn't very big caliper friendly.

Back