• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

EVLs FK3

Evl

I've finally decided to get a decent car again. The Lupo just wasn't cutting it anymore and since I want something more comfortable on long journeys to Hull, I looked at different options, finally settling on a 08 Civic EX I-CTDI with 37k on the clock.

I pick her up next week and cannot wait to get back behind the wheel of my new Honda. I will post pics when I get her.

Dave

Excellent! :smt023

Good cars, we use the voice commands to about 5% of its capabilities! :lol:

I saw the voice command button, and will have a time playing with that.

I tested it twice. The second time was just so that the missus could practice reverse parking to see if she was happy with it. Thankfully she is :)

I'm happy enough with the car, but all the buttons and USS Enterprise look to the dash will take some getting use to until I'm confident.

Called the garage and the MOT is done (with them having to put 2 new front tires, which I thought I needed), 12 month tax is going in the window on Monday when I pick her up.

It's got sat nav installed, but I would like to have a iPod dock too. Is it easy enough to do?

The wife uses one of those iTrip FM Transmitter things but that doesn't let you use the steering wheel controls.

I think the easiest way is a Connects2 adaptor with the Nav head units, or get your pants pulled down for the official Honda kit. Both the Connects2 and Honda options are pretty much a dash out job to get to the back of the head unit, that's why we've gone for the simpler option.

i.e.: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/s...TRA-BRACES**&p=1003976&viewfull=1#post1003976

Looks like an epic job. On the other hand, I could combine that with the rear camera, which would please the missus. Off to civic info to find out more.

Well, I received her today, and driving home on the twisties I managed 58.3mpg.

I gave her a check over when I got back and found the passenger wing mirror indicator was cracked. That is being sorted by the garage after a short phone call, but if that's the only issue it's a small one.

I've also dipped in and bought an updated sat nav DVD, not from the dealers might I add before anyone says how expensive they are.

Hopefully, the weather will be nice tomorrow and I will get some pics up.

Overall, it's a nice drive, comfortable, and perfect for my needs.

Dave

Quick pic of the new arrival. It's been raining most of the day, but stopped to allow me to take this. Note, the Accord is the neighbours, and just clocked 220,000miles yesterday!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349198492.134288.jpg

Thanks matey. My fog light protectors haven't arrived yet but I will post a new pic when I have them fitted

I've got them on my FN2 but not on the Mrs' EX yet. Completely worth it though as the fogs are something ridiculous like £140 each if you are unlucky enough to get a stone hit one.

It's just my luck that I will crack a lens so I nought a set from the nice people at civinfo was just the right idea. I've ordered in sky blue even though I now think I should have ordered the dark tint. Time will tell though.

New stuff came today, front fog protectors and a new sat nav disk. Both are installed and I'm happy.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349262348.817456.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349262366.297632.jpg

Drove to Hull today from home. 420miles start to finish. Topped up to the brim in Dundee and carried on travelling 320miles on just under half a tank, with an estimated 310miles in reserve.

Pretty happy with that mileage.

They look like the same colour protectors I've got. I bought some more 3m dual lock from Ebay for this latest set because I have lost one on the motorway before. They stayed on fine during the Ring and Spa trip and 140+ on the Autobahn then one fell off doing 70ish on the M6. :lol:

Cracking range on the derv! :smt023

Got them off Wayne on civinfo via FB. I'm happy enough with them even though my brother gave me one of his 'why do you have them on' looks.

Not happy with the cruise though. Was coming down and not paying attention, next thing I'm cruising through a 50 zone at 70! Double lights on the camera and it was all over. Expecting a letter from HM very soon for the damage. I'm guessing 3 points and £80 fine?

Unlucky bud. The wife hates cruise because she doesn't feel in control. I use it all the time. :lol:

It should just be points at 20 over, with the speedo inaccuracy you were probably doing about 66 in reality. Too high for a speed awareness course though probably.

Unlucky bud. The wife hates cruise because she doesn't feel in control. I use it all the time. :lol:

It should just be points at 20 over, with the speedo inaccuracy you were probably doing about 66 in reality. Too high for a speed awareness course though probably.

I'm hoping just point and cash. Last point just came off on feb this year and I was so pleased at my sensible driving too after the speeding ban, fine, then fine. All sp 30's too, but this was my own stupid fault.

I was thinking that the reality was about 65/66 as I was at 69mph on the cruise.

We don't do awareness courses up here, too many inbreds.

Back