• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Evo 8 Enkei's Tyre guide needed

I'm running these Evo 8 enkei's on my civic but on standard suspension, and seem to have problems with scraping the arches. I'm going to try and roll my arches a little to combat the damage it's doing to the tyres. But really I need to know what size tyres I could put on these Enkei's. I will update the size I've got on there at the moment at lunch as too be truthfully honest I can't remember what's on there at the moment.

Also I need to really get a decent set of suspension. Any ideas?

How low is your car? My EP3 was decked (-65mm to -70mm) and I had a set of wheels that were the exact same fitment spec as the Evo Enkei's; I ran 205/40/17 and had no problems.. This was without rear arch work, but wide/extended front wings. Even if the wings were OEM, I'd have had no issues...

205/40/17 stretched the tires some, so I wouldn't recommend it - unless you're after some stretch. I'd probably go 225/45 (if you're not too low/mind thick rubber) or 215/45 personally, if grip/function is the objective. Alternatively, you could run 215/40 too, which is slightly skimpier, but not really stretched or as stretched as the 205/40.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back