• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Evo 8 Rims - on 205s

Hi guys + gals.

Currently have Evo 8 rims on my EP3 CTR, running 205/45/17s. There is a little bit of stretch, which looks really awesome IMO. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346800914.403389.jpg

My question is this. I'm after running AD08s/Federal / R888s ( Have LSD and yes, ive got the Clockwise Baffled Sump :) ) . Will 215/45/17s still give me the stretched look? I'm conscious that I don't want too much because I want to put the car on track, and they will be under a lot of pressure/stress. 205/45/17 are very expensive, £150 per tyre for the AD08s! Looking for the ideal tyre size that will give it the stretched look, be cheaper to buy, and still perform great on the track.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks,
Will

888`s are actually a touch wider than a normal road tyre in the same size due to the thicker sidewall and always sitting squarer on the rim. Also a tyre such as a 888 or AD08 would be pretty stupid to have a stretch. If you could even get much of a stretch from something with a fairly solid sidewall.

Federal RSR`s arent bad. They`re more of a fast road type compared to a 888 but still perform well on track. Cheaper because of it. Lot of people with EK9`s seem to love Hankook Rs2`s but i have no experience with those.

I've only ever heard of the V12s in the hankook range, I'll take a look. So in terms of tyre size, I should go with which size?

Depends, you want a stretch. I personally would get some 225/45s. Pretty good on price as they`re a common size. But as im not 100% clued up on EP3 fitments yet i wouldnt know if it rubs/ how low you can go before rubbing and so on. Quite a few people run the Evo wheels so i guess just have a search around the different sites to see what others are comfortably running.

forgive the ride height, but yes! 205/40/17 on enkei evo 8 alloys..
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Back