• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Evo wheels, advice and pics please!

Hi all, im looking at buying some evo wheels for my ep3 type r. the 6 spoke (evo 8 wheels i think)
I think im right in saying these are 17 x 8?
I want to know the following (dont laugh)

Do they affect the handling of the car? (good, bad or otherwise)
Do they slow the car down?
Do they scrub on standard suspension with a full car and boot full of shiz?
What do i need to fit them?

Thanks a lot.

Oh and any pics of your type r's on them would be great. esp if you have a cosmic.
Thank you

I'd imagine they'd improve the handling, they won't slow it down and search for Ujay's build thread, he's got a satin silver on Evo rims.

pretty sure you need spigot rings to fit them, nothing else I don't think.

You need Evo nuts, purely because Evo alloys have a funny seat and normal ball or tapered nuts won't fit the alloy properly.

haha, i know!
But im not going to...... for now.
Ordered new tyres for the standard wheels, going to leave the evo wheels for now!
Thanks for the help guys.

I'm having issues with 215 45 tyres on evo rims - seems like they're catching the bracket that holds the bumper to the quarter?

I have a set that came with the car. I have fitted them with coilovers. I have had to roll the rear arches to stop them rubbing. Overall feel is good and I'm enjoying them. I would probably have opted for some 7.5" alloys if given the choice so I wouldn't have to modify the arches.

Using the evo alloys nuts is a must. Too much stretch with 205 so I would put 215 on at least.

Pics below :)

Back